Extensive Industry Sales Experience
VR New Haven is one of CT’s top business brokerage firms and maintains a general M&A practice, advising business sales in a variety of industry segments. Over the years, we have developed expertise in selling companies in specific industries. We offer expertly conducted, industry specific business sales for our clients that they won’t receive from other business brokers in CT or elsewhere. Some of the industries we specialize in include:
- Manufacturing Companies
- Wholesale Distributors
- Specialty Contractor and Construction Companies
- Engineering Companies
- Professional Service Companies
- Remediation and Janitorial Service Companies
- Employment Agencies
We are far from limited to working with clients in just these industry sectors, as our expertise extends to a variety of other industries. However, if you are looking to sell a business in any of the above sectors, working with VR New Haven is your best choice to get your business sold efficiently and at the right price.
Why Choose VR New Haven For Your CT Business Sales Needs
By working with our highly skilled and experienced business brokers in CT you will benefit from over a decade of experience in business sales of all kinds. Some of the main benefits that our clients gain by our industry experience includes:
- An extensive database of qualified and interested buyers in many industries
- A great understanding of industry issues that affect valuations and deal structures
- The ability to speak the language of the industry and address the important factors that are meaningful to buyers and sellers.
We have developed 32 industry specific Value Advisor References available on our website for potential business sellers to review. These references provide guidance to how a company is valued based on how it is positioned in 6 key areas:
- Strength and depth of company management
- Quality of current customer base
- Quality of financial controls
- Threats of competition in the market
- Vendor and supplier risk assessment
- End markets company operates in
Below, please view more in-depth descriptions of the particulars of selling businesses in the above-mentioned industries. If you do not see your industry on this list, please view our business valuation resource guide or contact us online or call us at (203) 772-3773 to discuss your specific business sale in more depth.
Manufacturing Business Sales
Manufacturing is an industry that often goes under appreciated by the general public, as it is often portrayed in news and media as a declining industry. However, VR New Haven knows this is far from the case, and in fact, is one of the fastest growing industry segments in the U.S.
Buyers for manufacturing businesses are usually private equity groups or another manufacturing company in the same sector looking to expand their current company. Individual investors are also drawn to manufacturing companies.
At VR New Haven we handle manufacturing business sales of all types including but not limited to:
- Technology Manufacturing
- Precision Contract Machining
- Construction Equipment and Product Manufacturing
- Industrial Product Manufacturing
- Consumer Product Manufacturing
- Food and Beverage Product Manufacturing
- Niche Manufacturing
- Specialty Chemicals Manufacturing
- And Many Other Types of Manufacturing
Wholesale Companies For Sale
Wholesale and distribution companies are some of the top selling companies we work with. Buyers include individual investors, other distribution firms and private equity groups active in these markets. Buyers are drawn to these businesses because of the size of distribution firm’s client base and the minimization of business risk that this represents.
Some of the things we take a look at when it comes to selling wholesale distributors are:
- The diversity of the client base and product end markets
- Reliability of suppliers
- Working capital requirements to sustain and grow revenues
- The potential for growth in terms of market share as well as geographical growth
- Current and future potential competition in the market
- Technology employed to manage the firm
Specialty Contractors & Construction Companies for Sale
Construction and contracting firms account for a large share of business activity of all kinds. A report from the Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) predicts that construction will be one of the fastest growing industries over the next five year period.
VR New Haven has extensive experience selling construction and contracting companies of all sizes. Some of the construction industry segment we specialize in include:
- General Construction Services
- Landscape Contractors
- HVAC contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- General Mechanical Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Site and Infrastructure contractors.
Engineering Services Companies for Sale
Engineering Services firms include those servicing different market segments. These include;
- MEP Engineering Firms
- Architecture Firms
- Civil Engineering Firms
- Land Use Planning and Surveying Firms
- Environmental Engineering Firms
VR New Haven has experience is selling all of these types. In general, many owners of these firms are nearing retirement and seeking to transition to younger owners. As result, many firms who are pursuing growth through acquisition are finding it a great time to be in the market. VR New Haven has a negotiated a number of sales of these business and understands where the deal terms and valuations were consistent from sale to sale.
Professional Service Companies
Professional Service Businesses are a diverse group of businesses that can encompass a variety of specialized services. Every professional service company is unique and requires knowledge of the specific industry. We work closely with you to not only value your business as it currently stands, but also provide insight and opportunities to help grow the business before the sale in order to receive the best possible value.
Some of the professional service companies we have sold in the past and specialize in include:
- Staffing Agencies
- Marketing & Promotional Firms
- Security Companies
- Financial Service Companies
- Law Firms
- Real Estate Companies
- Hi-Tech Solutions Companies
- Publishing Companies
- And Many More
Contact VR New Haven To Sell Your Business the Right Way
Our highly trained and certified business broker sales team is ready to help guide you through and negotiate the ideal sale for your business in any industry. We use a proven 9-step sales process to get you the best price for your business and make the process from business valuation to final sale as smooth and efficient as possible.
Do not hesitate to contact us online or call us at (203) 772-3773 at any time to discuss your specific business sale in detail. We look forward to talking with you.